Areas of Practice
Anger Management (Court Approved)
- Do you struggle with managing your anger?
- Have you been court-ordered to attend classes but would like to have an individualized session?
- Would you like to learn what causes your anger?
I have been providing court-approved counseling since 2004 by using my anger management program to help individuals learn how to manage their anger based on the information we discover about them. I am also a Certified Anger Resolution Therapist and a Certified Domestic Violence Counselor.
Couples Counseling (Pre-Marriage/Marriage)
- Are you considering marriage but want to make sure you are with Mr. or Mrs. Right?
- Are you living under the same roof but feel that you live separate lives?
- Is your home filled with tension because you cannot communicate or compromise?
I am a Certified Relationship Specialist and have developed a pre-marital program called “Creating a Stable Marriage” that has been approved by the State of Texas.
Counseling Children Ages 9 to 14 & Family Counseling
- Does your child have a hard time adjusting to 2 different households because of divorce?
- Is your child struggling in school with grades, attendance, or behavior?
- Does your child act out at home?
I worked in schools for 15 years as a social worker, parent liaison, or special education counselor. This is my favorite age range to work with children.
Life Coaching/Individual Counseling
- What do you want to accomplish in your life or with your business?
- Did you know that there are 8 Life Focus Areas to create a stable life?
- Did you know that our life vision changes with our stage of life?
I have developed a system to create your life vision and to be the best you possible.
- Do you believe but you do not feel that God speaks to you?
- Is God your foundation for life?
- Are you angry at God for something that you felt that He allowed?
I know that believing in God can change the way a person copes with life.
EAP/Critical Incident (Workplace/Oilfield/Schools)
- Has a co-worker passed away?
- Was your business robbed?
- Has a disaster affected your life?
I have been providing Critical Incident counseling since 2004. My business, oilfield, military, and school experience has helped me understand these issues.
- Are you or your loved one struggling with transitioning from military life to civilian life?
- Is there a conflict in your relationship because of things that happened down-range?
- Has there been change after the deployment?
I worked for 9 years as a backfill Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) at different bases in the United States. I was a sanctioned Family Readiness Group leader for the Texas Army National Guard as well as both of my sons have served.
- Have you experienced a traumatic event that has affected how you handle life?
- Do you struggle with leaving the house or being in certain situations?
- Are you not sleeping at night because of nightmares?
I have worked for several years with the military, students, and civilians on these issues.
- Were you betrayed by a family member or friend who molested you?
- Have you kept your abuse a secret, but it has affected your relationships?
- Did you share what happened to you but no one believed you?
While attending college, this was my main area of research.